FAT IS THE NEW THIN? ESCANDALO!


Stories swirling the net right now are hailing Lara Stone as THE model ushering in a new trend for ladies with a little more meat on the bone.
I didn't take any of this seriously until two of my friends mentioned Ms Stone and how it was great to see a larger model get some press.
I clearly haven't paid that much attention to Stone because I never thought of her as larger or bigger or fatter than other models.
According to my friends she has curves and curves are making a comeback.
I've got some pictures below of Stone and some other faces (both big and small) for you to look over.
The reality is Lara Stone is still tiny and the industry isn't in a hurry to have plus size models on the runway representing 'real' women. High fashion has never been about 'real'. It's about enticing people to want something whether it be a bag or a shoe, putting it in an ad campaign and making it appear out of reach. Go look at a K-Mart catalogue. It's approachable and completely achieveable. Is it appealing? I'll leave that up to you.

MARIA-CARLA BOSCONO & LARA STONE COMPARISON

LARA STONE

LARA STONE

LARA STONE

QUEEN OF THE SKINNY BITCHES SASHA PIVOVAROVA. MINI TREND ALERT: BODY GLITTER!

IRIS STRUBEGGER. YOU COULD SLICE HAM OFF THOSE CHEECKBONES

SOPHIE DAHL. 90's ICON?

K MART TOP. I'LL TAKE TWO!

CURVES LOOK HOT

0 comments:

Post a Comment